Another activity we did was a great idea from the "Thriving Family" magazine(http://www.thrivingfamily.ca/). It gave different ideas for cabin fever rescues. The kids all participated in the Helping Hands Scavenger Hunt. Their list consisted of:
- a good pair of pants they had out grown, for donation
- 3 good shirts they have out grown, for donation
- 2 nice toys, for donation
- 4 socks with holes, to be thrown out
- a nicely written letter for a relative far away
- a treat picked out for a classmate (not including a friend)
We also had an evening of reading together. We each picked what we wanted to read to everyone. Violet wanted a picture book "Saying Goodbye to Lulu", Lake picked "Captain Underpants", Holly picked a girly novel, my husband picked the news (the kids were surprisingly interested), I picked my healthy eating book "You Are What You Eat". It was a good idea we got from the "Do Good" book we look through. It was a neat way to share our differences and be cozy together.
Here is the latest pile on the coffee table, that I have started looking through, hopefully the kids will join me.