Friday 11 April 2014

Something Tasty in a Hurry

I can really appreciate having something ready and tasty to eat in a hurry for those times I'm not in the mood to prepare something or am really hungry. I'm almost always leaning towards something on the sweet side also. So in an effort to eat more green foods I found this idea of having ready made fruit and yogurt parfaits, great! Another great re-use for your left over jars too. So now your up-cycled jars are travelling parfait jars. You can easily grab one to go.
Simply put a layer of fruit and low fat Greek yogurt in jars or two layers of yogurt with the fruit in between is nice. I make up to 3 or 4 jars ready sitting in the fridge.
Have some easy to make granola on hand to sprinkle on top for when you pop the lid off and want to dig in.
This honey granola variation is so tasty, and easy:
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup of slivered almonds
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
~Mix all these ingredients together in a large bowl until the mixture is equally coated.
Then spread it out on parchment paper on a cookie sheet. Bake at 325 for about 15-20 min. or until golden colour. Once it is cooled you can store it in another re-purposed jar.
 
I'm really hooked on these parfaits. They are so yummy and I can feel good about eating them.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? Leave me your comments. Thanks