Thursday 28 March 2013

Celery Scrub Curtains


 Here are the scrubs
Here is the celery

I was able to turn gently used scrubs into curtain panels. I easily clipped cafe curtain rings on the top of each curtain. I then dabbed my celery bottoms into paint to print flowers on. I saw this idea not too long ago in a magazine and thought it was a really cool idea. I never noticed the pretty pattern of a cut celery bunch before.

I do love pretty decorations, and am fond of decorating magazines, especially a particular one from Britian. And sometimes I can get to thinking quite a bit about how I'd like things to look around my house, or changing things around, making things look fresh, and portray my style. (Don't think for one minute though, that my house is in order and in tip top shape, half  of the time). I thought, that's all nice but that will all be useless or doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.
And so I do favor looking at new magazines with peoples ideal homes and decorations, it makes me see how important it is to look into Gods Word. To use it to see how I look, and how I contrast.
So what am I getting at? Maybe that pretty is nice to look at, but what really matters is that we work at keeping the heart, mind, and spirit beautiful. By using Gods word as what we use to compare how we live, what we think and say. I've spent the last year reading through the New Testament, with all study notes included. Now that I'm nearing the end, I find myself thinking where should I start again? Start at the beginning in Genesis or Matthew again? Is it odd to just loop back to where I started? And that's when it hit me about the importance of keeping myself in His Word. I don't know this book off by heart, and so I need to be in those pages breathing it all in daily so that I can keep adding to whats in my heart, to grow stronger in Him, that I might represent and reflect Christ through out my life. Maybe like a spring cleaning, Or maybe not. I can find that overwhelming. The Lord wants us to go to Him everyday, and ask for what we need just for the day. And He does provide. A scripture verse, a prayer in our hearts, a quite moment, a song, a loved one, a beautiful view...or outlook!
It is the same with my word.
I send it out, and it always produces fruit.
It will accomplish all I want it to,
and it will prosper everywhere I send it.You will live in joy and peace.
The mountains and hills will burst into song,
and the trees of the field will clap their hands!

Isaiah 55:11,12

By the way, I found this great list for doing spring cleaning in 30 Days here. Not so intimidating when its one thing a day. I'm thankful when the Lord puts things in our path that help and compensate. That helps me see how the Lord plans out even the small things to help His children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? Leave me your comments. Thanks