Thursday 22 November 2012

I Saw the Light


 The drive to school lately has been so pretty, due to the frost, fog and low hung sun. I am constantly wishing I could stop and take pictures. But the kids would be late :(



 I have been thinking a lot lately on the topic of self improvement. And I have really come to the conclusion that having children and a husband has made me see myself more and more, enabling me to see the changes I need to make. I am a perfectionist, and that I guess can be obvious in how many "self-help" books one has (chuckle). But one thought  provoking question I had at the end of all of these self-help thoughts, and ways to change and improve myself was .... who should I really be changing and improving myself for? Myself, so I can be The Best? Or for God, to give him the glory and Honor and be His useful tool. And then... this was what I read this morning during my daily bible reading,
Timothy 2:20-21
 In a wealthy home some utensils are made of gold and silver, and some are made of wood and clay. The expensive utensils are used for special occasions, and the cheap ones are for everyday use. If you keep yourself pure, you will be a special utensil for honourable use, Your life will be clean, and you will be ready for the Master to use you for every good work.
 Self improvement (AKA surrendering to the Lord and cleaning up my life), is most useful when done for honouring God and therefore being a blessing to others. 
 So I saw the light in this area of my life. Maybe late? But not too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? Leave me your comments. Thanks