Sunday 4 November 2012

Cream & Crumb Schnitz Apple Pie

Cream and Crumb what ?? kinda pie??
Well apparently schnitz just means the way the apple is sliced. But you can just call this Shnazzy Pie or O My what Yummy Cream and Crumb Pie. It doesnt matter, just try it, its so easy and yummy!

You need:
1 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup flour
3 tbsp. soft butter
4-7 apples
2/3 cups sour cream
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
9 inch unbaked pie crust

Directions: Blend the brown sugar, flour, and butter into crumbs. Sprinkle 1/3 of the mixture into the bottom of the pie shell.



Peel and core the apples.


I don't know why but I get personal satisfaction when I peel each apple in one long strip. I know, its weird.


Cut them into 1 inch segments (shnitz). Arrange them into circles over the crumbs.


Mix 1/2 remaining crumbs with the sour cream and spread over the apples.


Mix the rest of the crumbs with the cinnamon and sprinkle it evenly over the top.

 
Bake at 425 degrees for 10 minutes. Turn temperature down to 350 degrees and bake another 30 min.


Cool and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? Leave me your comments. Thanks