Wednesday 20 February 2013

Easier than you think--Gourmet Chicken Pizza

 To start off its always best to have seasoned salt on hand. It makes everything tastier!
This is the recipe given to me by my mom:
1/4 cup e. salt and paprika
3 tbsp. pepper
1 tbsp. basil
2 tsp. e. garlic pwd. and thyme
1 1/2 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. e. curry pwd. , dried marjoram, cayenne pepper, and celery salt
Mix up and store in a small container.


For the pizza you need:
1 batch of pizza dough (yesterdays recipe here) stretched out on oiled pizza pan.
2 heaping tablespoons of basil pesto (so far I have been using store bought), this is spread over the  dough.
1 to 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese sprinkled over the pesto
1 chicken breast which you fry in an oiled cast iron frying pan with as much seasoned salt as you see fit. Cook, until all pink is gone, and then I slice up into bite size pieces. Toss this over the cheese.
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced and pan fried in the hot pan you just used for the chicken. When that has nicely caramelised, toss that evenly on the pizza.
1/2 cup of salsa, which is from the batch I made up this past fall, recipe here. Dollop this over the pie.
Preheat oven to 425, and Bake for 15-20 min.
Its so good, I don't even crave take-out pizza!


No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? Leave me your comments. Thanks