Friday 27 November 2015

Eggsiting!

Sorry, I know I have such a lame sense of humor. But I'm really eggsited about our hen's finally laying eggs now.


It's a lot of fun reaping the labours of your hard work and anticipating what you know is going to eventually happen. And now we have these fresh new eggs each morning. Actually lots of eggs...


So of course I have been giving them away, which is lots of fun too! But I also have been thinking I should come up with some ways to use these up, which is not hard to do like the Country Cottage Bake, I made for dinner last night.
With all these fresh new eggs I get each morning it makes me think about something new that has developed in my life very recently, which is also very exciting. The reconciliation of a very significant relationship in my life.
Like fresh eggs... His mercies are new every morning (Lam. 3:23).
I've had a lot of hurts concerning this past relationship. But I've always wanted to be prepared that Lord willing when the time came I would not hinder the reconciliation because of a grudge and bitterness. I think its only fair to say though that 15 years did go by, up until about 6 months prior that I had bitterness that I did not want to face, and I stuffed it away. The Lord used a life altering circumstance in this persons life to soften my heart. I don't believe the Lord would bring a hardship into someones life for Him to use but I do know that God is in the business of turning beauty from ashes (Ish. 61:3). I've seen it happen in my life too many times to count. And so while I know the Lord was preparing my heart, I received a message from someone that this person wanted to contact me. I was so shocked, scared, but moved. I knew what I should do and honestly I wanted to respond. Like a fresh pretty egg each morning it calls to remind me: the faithful love of the Lord never ends! His mercies never cease. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each morning. (Lam. 3:23) And when I am scared of all that could go wrong or the past threatens to steal my joy and cloud out the fresh new reality, I will say to myself, "The Lord is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!" The Lord is good to those who depend on him (Lam 3:24,25)
I need to remember that I cant expect perfection, because I am a perfectionist by nature, but that I come to each moment committing to the Lord whatever I do, and my plans will succeed. (Prov. 16:3)
Now I have the joy of being able to share what the Lord has worked out in my life. Its such a blessing with glorifying the Lord in this. Hearts are moved towards Him, through this demonstration of the His work.
This newly reconciled relationship will take time and work and patience, but like all work that is committed to the Lord... we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God (Rom. 8:28)

Country Cottage Bake 


Start with 4 large eggs, beaten, then add,
2 cups cottage cheese
1 cup frozen broccoli pieces
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup chopped peppers
3 tbsp. Parmesan cheese
3 tbsp. bread crumbs
Pour into buttered pie dish or 8x8 baking dish. 
Bake at 350 for 40-50 min., until set


No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? Leave me your comments. Thanks