Saturday 3 October 2015

Chicken a little ?

We got a bunch of Road Island Red chickens in the middle of this past summer. We all have really been enjoying them. I really didn't think that they would be so much fun to have.
While dumping a bucket of apple cores into their yard, I thought I'm going to do as my husband will often do and sit here for a bit and watch the girls...and the couple of boys. I saw what he likes about sitting here and watching them. They are interesting, like watching a bunch of kids interacting. One is standing there and suddenly deciedes to stand on one leg, another ruffles her feathers. Then one takes of running, and another starts flapping her wings. They are all fighting over the scraps and some give up and just go over to feed and just eat there instead. Its really interesting to me how different they all are, I love it.









But I'm finding out as people we all don't like to be considered different. Because not all differences are the same. I liked being different when I was growing up. Different likes, and clothes that is. But when I've tried to convince a child that God made us all different and that its great, this child doesn't want to hear that because their struggling and can't keep up with peers or in academics. So how do I show this child that God made all things beautiful?
I think the best place to start off is John 3:16, For God so loved the world (that means everyone on it!) that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him will not perish, but have everlasting life. How is it possible for there to be more love for each individual than this? There isn't.
We are all original works made by the hands of God -- For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. Psalm 139:13. Who are we then to complain of the Masters works?! We shouldn't... Psalm 139:14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  And if we cant understand this we need to have faith in God that He knows what He is doing -- Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; his greatness no one can fathom. Psalm 145:3. We can't ever fully understand the greatness of the Lord, and so that is where true faith comes in.
God calls us "gifts" (Psalm 127:3) and He took the time to form us in a particular, unique way (Psalm 119:73), each one of us, there is no denying that and so we all, in spite of our feelings of inadequacies, need to accept God at His word and live in the peace and joy that comes from Him. (Romans 11:33)
Ecclesiastes 3:11 -Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end. It's so important to remember that we are made for so much more than things like having good hair, being with the in crowd, making sure we are busy with half a dozen things each week, even dare I say...having good grades, having a good paying job. If we were to model as Christians that loving God, not being consumed with ourselves was the most important thing, I believe there would be less stress, depression, and suicide. 
We are Gods masterpiece (Eph.2:10) and if we live like we believe that, we will do our best and if that best does not measure up to the worlds standards that's OK because...
God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God. Salvation is not a reward for the good things we have done, so none of us can boast about it. For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago. Ephesians 2:8-10

No comments:

Post a Comment

So what do you think? Leave me your comments. Thanks